Why Become an UberEATS Driver?
While driving people around has it’s ups and downs, driving food around is pretty easy. They don’t argue or ask you questions, it’s just you and some items getting delivered so you can keep listening to the latest Ed Sheeran album and enjoy your drive.
Vehicle Requirements for UberEATS Drivers Are Simple
Depending on where you live, you may not even need your own car! UberEATS gives you the option to deliver with a bike, scooter or car. This depends on your city, but it’s nice to know you have options. In short, here are the guidelines for becoming an UberEATS Driver.
- You must be 19 years old or older (*21 years old in Canada)
- You must have a driver’s license, regular insurance, and proof of vehicle registration
- 1 year of driving experience
- Expect to lift up to 30 pounds
- Vehicle requirements: 1997 or newer for cities that allow Eats-only profiles
- If you don’t have a car, you can deliver with a bike/scooter and valid SSN
Apply to Be an Uber Driver
Applying to become a driver for UberEATS, is pretty straight forward there is a form on their homepage you fill out. From there it’s a short application process. Following the completion of the form you’re notified whether or not you have been approved!
Once You Are Accepted
Once you’ve been chosen as an UberEATS ‘driving partner,’ you will:
- Fill in your credentials on the Uber app
- There will then be request for an UberEATS driver and if you are the closest to them, you will receive the request
- Once you accept the request for a ride, you will head to the pick up location and transport the delivery to it’s final destination
Here’s the Best Part…
The app automatically charges the user for you and you will never have to collect any payment. Once the delivery is completed, you and the user can rate each other, which impacts your future opportunities as an UberEats driver. Better reviews can lead to more deliveries.
You will then be paid via direct deposit by UberEATS once a week. Simple!
Final Thoughts on Becoming an UberEATS Driver
If you want to become an UberEats driver, go for it! It is a great way to earn some extra cash. Since payments are handled through the app, you never have to worry about carrying cash or collecting any payments.
If you’re looking for a great side gig when you have the time, UberEats could be exactly what you are looking for.